1. How does Mestiza differ from other whitening soaps?
MESTIZA soap is an all-natural soap made with natural ingredients like papaya, carrots, calamansi, banana and virgin coconut oil. The fusion of these ingredients is beneficial for keeping our skin soft, firm, and fresh. It also helps exfoliate dirt and oils, thus clarifying your skin to reveal a clearer, healthy glow.
2. Mestiza uses cold process technology. What does it mean? What’s the difference between hot and cold process technology?
MESTIZA soap’s cold process technology follows an age-old method that ensures the benefits of each ingredient used is preserved. The cold process technology works by extracting and mixing essential ingredients without using any heat.
Cold processed soaps are often handmade, softer in feel and shape and are not 100% perfect. Conversely, hot process soap production uses high heat to process chemical based products resulting in harder and smoother bars.
3. What do you mean by Mestiza as an “all-natural” soap?
As an all-natural soap, we guarantee that Mestiza products contain no synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, synthetic dyes, or preservatives.
4. How can I make my Mestiza soap last longer? / What is the shelf life of your soap?
Mestiza soap should be kept in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight to maximize its shelf life. Once in use, place the soap on a soap dish or tray with sufficient drainage to avoid water melting the soap down and giving it ample time to dry in between uses.
5. Any plans of expanding MESTIZA with more variants, for example Mestiza soap with glutathione?
No. Popular soap additives such as glutathione, kojic acid, and similar ingredients are chemical-based and we are committed to ensuring that every bar of Mestiza remains 100% all-natural.
6. Does Mestiza have a variety of products like body scrubs, facial wash, etc.?
We will be formulating the following products soon.
Mestiza Oil Cleanser
Mestiza Foam Cleanser
Mestiza Face Masks
Mestiza Eye Cream
Mestiza Face Cream
7. Is MESTIZA soap also good for men?
Yes. MESTIZA soap can be used for men and women of all ages. It works well with people who have acne and body odor problems. It’s mild enough to be used on skin allergies, address skin fungi, and soothe skin itching. It can even be used on the scalp to treat dandruff and balding. Being an all-natural soap, it’s also an option for babies with sensitive skin–however, be sure to consult with a trusted pediatrician before you do.
8. Is it safe for people with acne or pimple problems?
Being an all-natural soap, Mestiza is a safe, chemical-free product that is ideal for various skin types. Should irritation occur after use however, please immediately discontinue using the product and consult your dermatologist.
9. What made you use 5 different kinds of fruits in one soap?
The combination of our five main ingredients ensures the efficacy of Mestiza soap.
Carrot – Contains vitamin A that reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
Papaya – Provides skin whitening and moisturizing treatment.
Banana – Treat and smoothes out various skin problems
Calamansi – Contains vitamin C that is valued for its skin toning properties.
Virgin Coconut Oil – Prevents molds, bacteria and skin viruses
10. Where can we purchase MESTIZA soaps?
Mestiza soaps are available in all Mercury Drug stores, Watsons, Robinsons malls and other leading supermarkets nationwide. We are also available in Lazada online shopping.
11. What is your advice to first time soap users who experience stinging on their skin?
It is normal to feel mild stinging around a week after using Mestiza soap–this is because of the soap’s deep cleansing and exfoliating effect. If stinging continues or feeling of irritation persists, please discontinue use immediately.
12. How to use MESTIZA soap for over problematic skin like acne?
Wash your face with MESTIZA soap at least 2x a day. Lather the soap onto the skin and leave it overnight (like using it as a night cream).
13. Is it necessary to use sunscreen/sunblock when using Mestiza Soap?
Yes. Applying sunscreen is recommended to protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays.
14. When do I see results?
Results will vary depending on your skin type, skin condition, depth of pigmentation, and your exposure to sunlight. Normally, you can see an improvement as early as 2 weeks. Enjoy better results after continuous use.